Becoming a GMCA Student
- Student must apply for attendance at GMCA. (Application packet and Entrance Guidelines in Student Handbook Appendix A)
- Parents/Guardians must attend orientation.
- Students and parents/guardian must attend an application intake interview. *This includes expelled students.
- Students must pass the Discovery program in order to become a GMCA student. *This does not included expelled students.
- Complete the AEC growth assessment (after Discovery Graduation).
A waiting list will be maintained. Students will be admitted according to the following criteria and the number of slots available:
- Referral from the School Superintendent
- Referral from a traditional high school in Delta County
- A significant life circumstance, which illustrates the need for alternative education
- Graduation Progress (Students who are closest to graduation will be given priority.)
- Currently employed or in a volunteer setting 10 or more hours a week.